Friday, August 2, 2013

I am blessed

Although I'm not an overly religious person, I strive to remember all the things, both big and small, that God has blessed me with each and every day. Sometimes we take these things for granted and lose sight of what's important, and talk more about our burdens than our blessings. This often brings into our minds a depressed train of thought, and digs us into a deep rut. I myself have experienced this self pity and let me tell you, it was not an enjoyable couple of months. I found that although I felt better talking to people about my own issues, it only lasted for a day or two. For a person buried deep in their own troubles, bringing to light the good in life can become difficult, as with other things in life, depressed thinking can become a habit.
Your train of thought is controlled by you, and you alone. Nobody can make the decision for you, to just simply be happy with the things you have, and forget the things that you don't have. A homeless man has nothing, but is blessed with the clothes on his back, or the church that he goes to for food. A poor family may seem to have nothing, but they too are blessed for the little money they do have, their siblings and parents and the love that they share for one another. You are blessed for simply waking up this morning if nothing else. You had a bad day? It's a bad day not a bad life. In order to experience the joys in life, you have to also experience the bad as well, or we would never know the true feeling of joy. Life would be boring.

Today is the last day of year round swim team as well as summer league, and today is supposed to be a fun day at swim! relays, starts, and games galore. This is a picture of the pool I swam high school swim season at, and swim year round at.

My last HS swim season I ended the term with two high school records in the 200 IM and 500 FR. On year round I got 3rd in state for the month of December for 50 butterfly and 6th in state for month of December in 50 breaststroke. Now that I have my shoulder fixed with surgery, it will be exciting to see how far I can get this year.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment