Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Swimmer problems

Life as a swimmer really proves the saying "when the going gets tough, you get tougher." Sometimes in my mind, that's a very easy thing to forget. I wasn't brought up tough, but choosing  to swim made me stronger than I could ever imagine. Being brought out of swimming because of surgery made me mentally tough, and taught me to not give in because one day, it's all going to pay off and I can finally say that " I made it. I reached my once miles and miles away dream goals." Although I've had a good break from swim, I'm ready to go back into training season and prove myself to my coach and be moved up to the next level of training. Obviously easier said than done. But during my break I've been true to going to the gym and running, switching it up, 5x a week am the occasional swim in the neighborhood pool. CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP! . This weekend My girl Genna is coming over Friday the 23rd and chillin, prepping for my little 16th birthday party on Saturday the 24th at my house. Yesterday night she called me up on a surprise trip to the mall, during which we got Starbucks at 9PM. This picture is a very accurate discription of our personalities xD
My third meeting at Civil Air Patrol is this week, I'm both sad and excited because, one, my coach has to give me permission and he might not let me do CAP, and two, if he does then I'm an official member and get my papers signed this week and my BDU's will be on their way:D 

No comments:

Post a Comment